Alternative Medicine Online
. . . High level teachings on super mundane meditation, esoteric meditation techniques, kundalini awakening, personal cultivation, changing your fortune, mind-body medicine and the metaphysical phenomena encountered on the spiritual path ... from William Bodri and Zen Master Nan Huai-Chin.
Learn How to Meditate
On this website you will useful, hard-to-find non-denominational information on meditation practice, trans personal psychology, consciousness studies, Zen meditation, Christian meditation, Buddhist meditation, vipassana, japa, kundalini awakening, yoga meditation from a personal yoga instructor, chakra balancing, mantra and the common stages of spiritual progress. There are many free articles on our website for you to read and share with others. Sometimes you'll even find entire chapters of books printed to help you make meditation progress and goof health. Pass them on if you find them useful. After suffering from eczema for years, I stopped visiting expensive doctors and taking expensive pills or using expensive creams. I started using This alternative treatment for eczema, and after just two weeks my eczema cleared up and I haven't had any new breakouts in more than a year.
GREEN TEA BENEFITS
You've probably read about it in the newspapers, heard about it on CNN and radio, and word of mouth can be pretty powerful as well, but do you really know what Green Tea is all about and what it can mean for your good health?
Can Green Tea Help People Live Longer?
Consider the fact that presently Asian countries are the largest consumers of Green Tea in the world and statistics show that Asians have greater life expectancies. According to the U.S. Census Bureau:
- Chinese men have a life expectancy of 79.06 and Japanese men at 79.66 compared to American men with an estimated expectancy of 73.1
- Chinese women rate at 85.84, Japanese women at 82.79 while American women are at a life expectancy of 79.1 Statistics also show that Asians have lower incidents of obesity, cancer and heart disease as compared to Americans. Could their secret be Green Tea?
Can Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Recently a study was conducted showing that Green Tea may be responsible for a "significant increase" in energy expenditure, one of the only two ways to treat obesity. This news comes as a welcome relief after the learning about the dangerous side effects of some well known diet pills and fads. Not only has Green Tea been shown to provide our bodies with the elements and nutrients needed to lose weight but it also carries a bevy of other health benefits.
Here are the Hard Facts
- According to the American Heart Association coronary heart disease is the single largest killer of American males and females, having claimed the lives of more Americans than all wars combined.
- About every 29 seconds an American will suffer a coronary, and about every minute someone will die from one.
- The Japanese rank among the lowest for death rates due to cardiovascular diseases as well ranking among the biggest consumers of Green Tea.
- According to the American Heart Association, Japan claims an average of 568 lives per 100,000 population as compared to the United States with a projected 865.5 per 100,000 lives lost to cardiovascular disease.
- Agents in green tea have been found to reduce blood triglycerides by 33.3%; high triglycerides are strongly associated with a high risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Antioxidants, abundant in Green Tea, play a key role in the prevention and slower progression of heart disease yet most Americans continue to ignore their medicinal benefits.
- Researchers from the University of Kansas discovered that the antioxidant content found in Green Tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times more successful at protecting cells from damage linked to cancer, heart disease and other illnesses.
- A recent study conducted at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm claims that a compound called epigallocatechin-3-gallate, or EGCG, which is found in Green Tea, impedes an enzyme necessary for cancer cell growth. During the study it was discovered, through a series of tests conducted on mice, that EGCG is capable of suppressing a process known as angiogenesis, or the growth of new blood vessels upon which tumor growth is dependent on.
- Research has also shown that the antioxidants found in Green Tea have aided in the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, an auto-immune disorder where joints are penetrated by inflammatory cells.
- Green tea possesses anti-diabetic activity that proves to be effective the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- Green tea has also been linked to improving body's immune system and promoting anti-aging and good health.
What is Alternative Medicine?
Do you know what alternative medicine is? If you think that you do not, you are wrong.
Alternative medicine has become something of a niche in today's world. The healing treatments that used to be thought of as ineffective to certain people of the world, are now being used more and more frequently. Many well known types of alternative medicine include:
- Aroma therapy
- Herbal Medicine
- Herbal Tea
- Spiritual Healing
Any of these forms of treatment sound familiar to you? I'm sure that at least one of them is not only something you have heard of but also a form of treatment that you yourself have attempted at least once before. Click-here for Health Tip-of-the-Day.
There seems to be more than ever, people with ailments and sicknesses that the doctors can not seem to cure. So people are now turning to the alternative medications that once worked for people thousands of years ago.
There is also a large amount of very health conscious people in our society today. These are the type of people who do not like to fill their bodies with prescription drugs. So to avoid this, herbal medications have become their substitutes. Herbal medications are meant to do the same thing as prescription medications, but they are better for you. Completely organic.
Another fact regarding alternative medicine in today's society, is that it is simply "the thing to do". It has turned into one of those fads that takes over a society. Some of these treatments are being misused. There may be absolutely nothing wrong with a person and they are using these alternative treatments as a reward instead of what they really are. Massage is one of the top treatments that can be misused. This is one treatment that has integrated itself into the daily routines of so many people in today's society. Massage is now something that can be used not only to relieve pains but also to relieve stress. It is a very relaxing treatment that many people have taken the time to put into their daily routines as an outlet from their everyday lives.
Meditation is also a spiritual and ancient treatment that is being used more and more throughout the years. Meditation is similar to the art of massage. They are both used for their relief of stress and tension. Meditation however, is not something that you can do without learning anything about it. This is something you do on your own, you are in complete control. Perhaps this is one reason why so many people have taken a liking to this treatment. If you have never tried or learned anything about meditation before, it is something that comes highly recommended by many people in today's society.
Today's society is in need of a change. Alternative medicine is that change. The change and the great difference that alternative medicine brings to the lives of people who use them is something that many people have been searching for. Stress has become a very pertinent factor in the average person's life. These alternative forms of treatment and medicine relief this stress and tension that people bring on themselves.
Today's society is full of stress and tension and illness. Without these alternative treatments, the stress would be harder to relieve for those who do not know how to monitor the stress in their lives. Massage and meditation are the two most common of the alternative medicines and they are effecting the society of today in an extremely positive way. In time, you will begin to see more and more of the other alternative medicines in the society of today as well as the future.
Recommended Websites of Interest
Over 1300+ Low Carb Motivational Recipes - Keep Motivated - Easy Low Carb Recipes & Great Bonus
How to find out How I Lost 28 Pounds & 3 Pants Sizes in 3 Weeks & How You Can Do The Same!
How to lose weight without diets, drugs, or surgery. E-book + free newsletter and teleclasses
Webtrading®2001 | Privacy-Policy
All Rights Reserved