Welcome to The Cellulitis Information Health Network
On a Mission of Preventing & Treating Skin Infection
CELLULITIS CAUSES, SYMPTOMS, TREATMENT & ITS PREVENTION
A good time and date to be extra concerned with cellulitis prevention & treating skin infection is today so please deal with your cellulitis without delay . . . Cellulitis is an acute inflammation of the skin, caused by infection with staph, strep or other fairly common bacteria - streptococcal - Erysipelas is a type of cellulitis (skin infection) generally caused by group A streptococci)
Causes, Incidence and Risk Factors of Cellulitis
The skin normally has lots of active bacteria living on it, but healthy skin is an effective barrier which stops skin bacteria from entering and growing inside the body. However, when there's a break in the skin, bacteria can easily enter the body and grow there, causing a bacterial skin infection and skin inflammation. The infected skin area becomes red, hot, irritated and painful.
Cellulitis is most common on the lower legs, face and arms, but skin at other areas of the body may sometimes have a cellulitis infection. Look at this truly shocking chronic cellulitis infection which started in the eyelids and spread to other area near the eye.
The disturbing photo to the right should really impress upon you the importance of maintaining good health & wellness of your skin in particular.
Risk issues for cellulitis include these factors:
- Insect bites and stings, animal bite, or human bite
- Injury or trauma with a cut in the skin (skin wounds)
- History of peripheral vascular disease
- Diabetes-related or ischemic ulcers
- Recent cardiovascular, pulmonary (lung), dental or other medical procedures
- Use of immuno-suppressive or cortico-steroid medications
- Localized skin redness or inflammation, increasing in size as infection spreads
- Tight, stretched or glossy skin appearance
- Pain or tenderness of the area
- Skin lesion or rash (macule):
- Sudden onset
- Usually with sharp borders
- Rapid growth within the first 24 hours
- Warmth over the area of redness
- Other signs of infection:
- Chills, shaking
- Warm skin, sweating
- Muscle aches, pains (myalgias)
- General ill feeling (malaise)
Additional symptoms that may be associated with cellulitis disease:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Joint stiffness caused by joint tissue swelling
- Hair loss at the site of infection
Another cause of cellulitis skin infection are tattoo associated infections, defined as a skin infection consistent with staphylococcal infection (i.e. boils, folliculitis and abscess) occurring near or at location of a recent tattoo MRSA.
A secondary cause of tattoo related cellulitis skin infections is classified as a skin infection consistent with staph that occurs in a person who had not received a recent tattoo but has been in close personal contact with a MRSA patient, which MRSA sufferer had received a recent tattoo.
Signs and tests for Cellulitis
During a physical examination, the doctor may find localized swelling. Occasionally, swollen glands (lymph nodes) can be detected near the cellulitis.
Cellulitis tests which may be performed:
- A CBC has an elevated white blood cell count, and indicates a bacterial infection.
- A blood culture may be performed if generalized infection is suspected.
Health Websites of Interest
A Special Offer valid today when you Buy a Domain you likely can get its web-page or website free upon request (if there is a matching site and you want it; excluding the top-ten sites). This unique opportunity is on any other website-name you purchase.
Here's some interesting groups to explore: Targeted 3-character acronyms and dozens of other desirable domains. Of course, our best developed websites are top-value, and we have several other notable websites plus first-class digital domains for-sale.
There's also 100s-of good misc names and featured domains and acronyms, as well as a number of one-word domains. There's also well-targeted health names and financial names, or you can acquire or inquire about any domain name or website name here.
Prices are the same if it has a website or there is no site because inherent value is derived from its domain. However, valuation is highly magnified if there's significant development such as our Top-10 well developed websites, with several top sites available for acquisition (but not all are gettable). Please contact-us if you have interest in unique and golden investment opportunities.